We want to get translation team on board for help translating marketing material if necessary.
- vinzv to contact Stanislav for getting marketing stuff into Weblate
- Pull out texts into XML format
Updated by vinzv almost 4 years ago
- Checklist item changed from [x] vinzv to contact Stanislav for getting marketing stuff into Weblate to [x] vinzv to contact Stanislav for getting marketing stuff into Weblate, [ ] Pull out texts into XML format
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
Information by Stanislav:
xgettext is capable of pot extraction from XML files. There are tools doing the reverse. For example docbook tools do it for docbook files.
There are two ways to translate XML:
1) Using XML ITS https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Preparing-ITS-Rules.html
2) intltool or specially crafted xgettext
I am not sure, whether OpenOffice and any SVG could keep ITS tags during edits. But it is possible to make tool for embdding them after edit.
So the work-flow could be:
1) Have a Git (e. g. GitHub) repository.
2) Save XML file there
3) Add I18N support to these XML files (either use tags directly in the working file, or use tool to tag translatable strings.
4) Run pot file extractor on these files. Push the pot file to Git.
5) Weblate will pull the pot file
6) Translators will translate
7) Weblate will push translations back to Git.
8) Tools will integrate translations to files, or smart tools will use these po/mo files directly.