action #13380: Release Announcement
Assemble the Product highlights
This is about creating a short-list of the best, most awesome, coolest features in openSUSE Leap 42.2. It is CRUCIAL in writing the press announcement, the openSUSE Leap 42.2 portal wiki page and the news.o.o announcement as well as for the press.
Some marketing rules are applied to this list, as they determine what the press will talk about:
- 3x3: 3 main areas with each 3 main feature improvements. Not a black and white rule but keep the total features under 10 and the area's at 3 or 4.
- First, Best, Only: these are the qualities you are looking for in the features. Otherwise, press won't pick up on them, why bother when openSUSE catches up to the rest of the world?
- Impact on users, Resolving major issues, Relevant today: these are less important but relevant properties. Impactful changes, things that change important problems or things tying into recent events or relevant trends are worth having on the list.
The best way of getting to product highlights is to organize a meet with some technical and non-technical folk. Not just the openSUSE team, include Will, Henne, Andreas Jaeger, possibly people from SUSE Marketing and management (Roland perhaps?). Introduce the goal and the how of it (see bullets above), then go over the feature list, pick the things which are important together.
Once done, put them on https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.2/Features
#1 Updated by lnussel almost 7 years ago
- Copied from action #9072: Assemble the Product highlights added
#2 Updated by lnussel almost 7 years ago
- Start date set to 2015-10-05
due to changes in a related task
#3 Updated by lnussel almost 7 years ago
- Category set to Marketing
- Status changed from Resolved to New
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version set to GA
- Start date deleted (
- % Done changed from 100 to 0
#4 Updated by lnussel almost 7 years ago
- Due date set to 2016-10-26
- Start date changed from 2015-10-05 to 2016-09-14
#5 Updated by lnussel almost 7 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
#6 Updated by lnussel over 6 years ago
- Due date changed from 2016-10-26 to 2016-11-09
- Start date changed from 2016-09-14 to 2016-09-28
#7 Updated by lnussel over 6 years ago
- Assignee set to ddemaio
#8 Updated by ddemaio over 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
The email to assemble the highlights went out today - https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.2
The highlights for 42.3 has been created and an email for this should go out along with RC1 or shortly after the beta freeze - https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Features_42.3
#9 Updated by ddemaio over 6 years ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
More can be added. Finalized on Nov. 14 and clean up the page to make it look good.
#10 Updated by ddemaio over 6 years ago
- % Done changed from 50 to 90
Need to combined that lists. The content is complete, I just need to transfer one list to the other. I will complete on Monday.
#11 Updated by ddemaio over 6 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
#12 Updated by lnussel over 6 years ago
- Copied to action #16914: Assemble the Product highlights added