action #13380: Release Announcement
Assemble the Product highlights
This is about creating a short-list of the best, most awesome, coolest features in openSUSE Leap 42.2. It is CRUCIAL in writing the press announcement, the openSUSE Leap 42.2 portal wiki page and the news.o.o announcement as well as for the press.
Some marketing rules are applied to this list, as they determine what the press will talk about:
- 3x3: 3 main areas with each 3 main feature improvements. Not a black and white rule but keep the total features under 10 and the area's at 3 or 4.
- First, Best, Only: these are the qualities you are looking for in the features. Otherwise, press won't pick up on them, why bother when openSUSE catches up to the rest of the world?
- Impact on users, Resolving major issues, Relevant today: these are less important but relevant properties. Impactful changes, things that change important problems or things tying into recent events or relevant trends are worth having on the list.
The best way of getting to product highlights is to organize a meet with some technical and non-technical folk. Not just the openSUSE team, include Will, Henne, Andreas Jaeger, possibly people from SUSE Marketing and management (Roland perhaps?). Introduce the goal and the how of it (see bullets above), then go over the feature list, pick the things which are important together.
Once done, put them on https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:42.2/Features
#8 Updated by ddemaio over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- % Done changed from 0 to 10