From 2013-08-04 to 2013-09-02
- 22:13 action #475: Promotional artwork
- There is no "new" wallpaper for the distribution this time around. The team decided to keep the same image as the las...
- 15:33 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- Convert the document into mediawiki. Split the document in two sections (overview and details). Add Category:
- 14:54 action #743 (Closed): find a tool to convert mediawiki to pdf
- Jos needs an easy way to get from the features page in the opensuse wiki to a nice pdf document for the press.
- 13:49 action #742 (Closed): need a osc plugin to sync openSUSE:Factory and openSUSE:Factory:Rebuild
- We need to make sure that all failures in :Rebuild are triggered in openSUSE:Factory to verify it builds there.
- 13:45 action #740 (Closed): close old Factory bugs
- We should have a bug bot that closes old Factory bugs. For example Fedora closes bugs that were filed during developm...
- 13:40 action #407: Publish announcement of Beta 1
- Scheduled at https://news.opensuse.org/?p=16747&preview=true
- 13:38 action #730: Call for testing - BetaPizza Parties article
- Article in draft, scheduled. https://news.opensuse.org/?p=16758&preview=true
- 08:40 action #730 (Closed): Call for testing - BetaPizza Parties article
- Older Articles asking for testing of Beta:
- 13:29 action #739 (Closed): develop script to ask packagers about features
- We should have a script that compares package versions on the previous release with the current one. If there was a v...
- 13:13 action #627: debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
- The combination of a machine that does not support EPT (looks like a intel feature, opensuseqa is amd), qemu 1.6 and ...
- 15:36 action #728 (Closed): Publish an article asking people to help promote the upcoming release.
- Write an article like https://news.opensuse.org/2011/11/01/help-us-spread-the-word-on-opensuse-12-1/ and promote our ...
- 15:27 action #575: Cloud Sneak Peek
- If content is an issue, make it more a generic server article like https://news.opensuse.org/2013/03/08/sneak-preview...
- 15:26 action #727 (Closed): final article: release almost there!
- Article about the release being close. Perhaps have some cool pictures & point to the badges again, sneak peeks...
- 15:24 action #726 (Closed): Third Sneak Peek: handling software on openSUSE
- Write a sneak preview on software installation and handling in openSUSE, based on https://news.opensuse.org/2013/03/1...
- 15:22 action #725 (Closed): Sneak preview four: Desktops
- Write Desktops sneak preview like https://news.opensuse.org/2013/03/06/sneak-preview-i-opensuse-12-3-for-desktop-user...
- 15:19 action #724 (Closed): Sneak Peek Five: advanced openSUSE tips
- Article building up excitement for the openSUSE release (in less than a week!) based on http://piratepad.net/opensuse...
- 15:15 action #644: Write release party invitation article
- Moved from Sunday to a Monday ;-)
- 14:25 action #723 (Resolved): create is_maintained data
- Ask Rudi to create it
- 14:24 action #722 (New): update wiki
- 14:21 action #722 (Closed): update wiki
- * https://en.opensuse.org/Buy_openSUSE
- 14:23 action #721 (New): update shop.opensuse.org
- 14:21 action #721 (Closed): update shop.opensuse.org
- 14:22 action #720 (New): request new box image and link
- 14:21 action #720 (Closed): request new box image and link
- request new box image to put on the home page
request link to shop
- 14:21 action #719 (Closed): shop.opensuse.org
- 14:20 action #718 (Closed): EULA review/update
- Ask Legal to review and potentially adjust the EULA
- 14:18 action #717 (Resolved): fix upgrade instructions in wiki
- http://en.opensuse.org/Upgrade needs to be adjusted for new release
- 14:17 action #716 (Closed): IPRQ
- finish IPRQ document
Some information about IPRQ document in SLED (Does it applies exactly the same to openSUSE?):...
- 14:13 action #715 (Closed): install counter
- countdown.opensuse.org needs to be put live
push to git and ask darix to pull
- 13:13 action #712 (New): test the changes
- 13:11 action #712 (Closed): test the changes
- verify all links work
verify piwik tracking works
- 13:13 action #713 (New): deploy software.opensuse.org
- 13:11 action #713 (Closed): deploy software.opensuse.org
- deploy software.opensuse.org release date at exact time using
- 13:13 action #710 (New): software.opensuse.org
- 13:11 action #710 (Closed): software.opensuse.org
- 13:13 action #711 (New): adjust to 13.1
- 13:11 action #711 (Closed): adjust to 13.1
- adjust the page in git to 13.1
- 13:08 action #709 (New): update git
- 13:05 action #709 (Resolved): update git
- add the link to opensuse-community to the repos at
- 13:08 action #708 (New): ask community to add repo xml
- 13:05 action #708 (Resolved): ask community to add repo xml
- 13:05 action #707 (Closed): community repos
- 12:48 action #706 (Closed): publish docu
Ping Jürgen Weigert and Frank Sundermeyer abo...
- 12:44 action #705 (Resolved): NUE: Create a Google+ Event Page
- 12:44 action #704 (Resolved): Promote parties on Facebook
- 12:56 action #662: Refactor the counter script
- not critical anymore I think as 13.1 might be the last release that uses the counter for a while.
- 12:54 action #654 (In Progress): send shim to signing
- In progress. Had to update the shim package several times. Now it's ready and I pinged Frederic.
- 12:53 action #653: request new 2048 bit key for shim
- shim now has both the old and the new certificate embedded. That is needed to still be able to boot kernel signed wit...
- 12:52 action #653 (Closed): request new 2048 bit key for shim
- 12:51 action #628 (Closed): fix NET iso in openQA
- The idea with dnsmasq didn't work out as qemu wants to internally listen at the ip of the name server. It doesn't all...
- 12:49 action #627: debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
- With qemu 1.6.0 and the new OVMF I got it to boot in my machine. Still the openqa machine doesn't work
- 12:44 action #476: Create release counter for oS 13.1
- Since the artwork for the distro stays mostly the same it should be sufficient to just change the version number. Las...
- 12:41 action #600 (New): move release notes to www.o.o
- What we could maybe do is to only put the HTML files into git and leave the existing mechanism for yast in place unti...
- 13:29 action #461 (In Progress): Amazon EC2
- Robert will do the technical work. Yo simply need to make sure is done before we publish the announcement and include...
- 13:04 action #461 (Resolved): Amazon EC2
- 13:04 action #461: Amazon EC2
- We can and should of course mention this in the release announcement if it is done, yes. If we do it, who does it, ho...
- 15:56 action #689 (Closed): Current documentation analisys
- The current documentation needs to be analized in order to define the table of contents of the final document as well...
- 15:43 action #685 (Closed): Meeting with SUSE Teams involved in this release
- We should have meetings to coordinate the release with the following teams:
- 13:13 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- Pinged Stefan Bilhert. He will provide feedback tomorrow or the day after.
- 13:09 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- Emailed the people mentioned by Agustin except for Dominique. Let's first finish this internally.
- 11:37 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- From Jos mail, we agree on:
* Andreas Jaeger <firstname.lastname@example.org> (should certainly be on the list)
* Lars Vogdt <lrupp@...
- 09:59 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- we will publish it tomorrow if we get no reply
- 09:56 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- Document sent to roland, torsten, Stefan and frederik, together with the managers of the department.
- 11:48 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- The following people should be added:
* Marcus Meissner
* Frederik Crozat
I will ping:
* Torsten Kukuk
- 11:28 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- Tomas pointed me into this page: https://build.opensuse.org/group/show?group=opensuse-review-team
It seems though ...
- 08:18 action #597 (In Progress): Polishing and publishing the document
- Asked Michal and Tomas to provide names of the people involved in factory development to send them the document for f...
- 07:35 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- How is this going, Jos?
- 11:21 action #662 (Closed): Refactor the counter script
- The counter script is write in something like Python. Convert it to real Python. Make it more robust.
- 08:20 action #594 (Resolved): Factory development process documentation
- PDF version with links sent to the mailing list.
- 14:57 action #594: Factory development process documentation
- After Jos finish the grammar revision, the document is ready to be shown to the second ring for feedback.
- 09:07 action #594: Factory development process documentation
- Version 0.9 published. Waiting approval to be tagged as 1.0
- 09:08 action #627 (In Progress): debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
- Done by lnussel
- 09:04 action #461 (Feedback): Amazon EC2
- Please add information about what will be done for 13.1. Did you already include this effort in the release process? ...
- 07:04 action #654 (Closed): send shim to signing
- we need to send he shim with the new key for signing (ie ask fcrozat)
- 07:03 action #653 (Closed): request new 2048 bit key for shim
- we need to replace the 4096 bit key with a 2048 bit one to stay compliant
- 06:59 action #288 (Closed): review manuals
- 06:58 action #288 (Rejected): review manuals
- 06:58 action #290 (Closed): review manuals: administration, security, kvm
- 06:57 action #290 (Rejected): review manuals: administration, security, kvm
- never happened
- 06:58 action #289 (Closed): review manuals: startup guide, desktops, libreoffice
- 06:58 action #289 (Rejected): review manuals: startup guide, desktops, libreoffice
- never happened, will talk to docu team to drop docu
- 06:54 analysis #595 (Closed): Current documentation analisys
- 06:54 action #596 (Closed): Documentation sprint
- done I think
- 06:53 action #404 (Closed): Publish announcement of Milestone 4
- 06:51 action #406 (Closed): Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
- ups, wrong button
- 06:50 action #405 (Closed): Write announcement of Milestone 4
- 06:50 action #357: Release notes during installation
- I don't think this will happen for 13.1 anymore
- 06:49 action #402 (Closed): Send some info about milestone 3 for the announcement to jos
- 11:41 action #551: openSUSE Hackathons
- Changed the deadline. If by next Thursday we do not have a confirmation of the activity, we won't be able to bring th...
- 08:07 action #647 (Closed): announce beta1 deadline internally
- we should announce the beta1 deadline internally more explicit this time to push people to submit fixes. I think sept...
- 17:05 action #646 (Closed): Create event pages on Facebook, Google+
- Create event pages for the release on facebook, G+ and other social media!
- 17:04 action #645 (Closed): Update release party wiki pages
- Update https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Launch_parties
- 17:03 action #644 (Closed): Write release party invitation article
- Base it on the article(s) in the last years.
- 18:32 action #631 (In Progress): YaST Sneak Peak
- Only thing left todo: add that the YaST team welcomes contributions and some details on that. This depending on them ...
- 18:29 action #631 (New): YaST Sneak Peak
- October 8, see Due date :D
- 14:14 action #631 (In Progress): YaST Sneak Peak
- When do you plan to publish it?
- 12:45 action #631 (Closed): YaST Sneak Peak
- Finish and publish the YaST article (not really a sneak peek). Text in https://news.opensuse.org/?p=16681&preview=tru...
- 14:06 action #630 (Closed): Move repos from gitorius to github
- There are some repos from gitorius and github that need to be moved to openSUSE github, a partial list:
- 13:05 action #405: Write announcement of Milestone 4
- Promoted through social media, specially through Linkedin:
* [openSUSE Group](http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=7...
- 12:32 action #405 (Resolved): Write announcement of Milestone 4
- aaaand done: https://news.opensuse.org/2013/08/12/opensuse-milestone-4/
- 06:36 action #627: debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
- Running locally with old KVM and new firmware. Will test with new qemu also.
- 14:48 action #405: Write announcement of Milestone 4
- The article is small but ready for proof reading. Please go ahead and take a look. If you have any paragraph ideas th...
- 15:29 action #628 (Closed): fix NET iso in openQA
- NET isos are currently not tested as a factory repo mirror is not there yet. There's already an rsync cron job runnin...
- 15:25 action #627 (Closed): debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
- UEFI test cases fail atm and need to be fixed.
Maybe the firmware is broken and an older version needs to be used.
- 12:58 action #570 (Closed): run openqa on important packages in staging projects
- this is actually done. opensuseqa.suse.de runs an rsync job on staging projects and sends the isos to openqa.
- 12:54 action #269: update software.opensuse.org with USB stick instructions
- moving to beta1, subject to discussion
- 12:53 action #343: redesign download page
- moving to beta1 for now. let's discuss if we want to address this for 13.1 at some point
- 12:50 action #175 (Closed): deployment push access to www.opensuse.org
- 12:47 action #560 (Closed): consolidate upcoming features page
- I've deleted http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Upcoming_features as it didn't have any content and Ambassadors don't ex...
- 12:38 action #512 (Closed): openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- was done meanwhile
- 12:38 action #403 (Closed): Write announcement of Milestone 3
- 12:37 action #401 (Closed): Publish announcement of Milestone 3
- 12:37 action #357: Release notes during installation
- Moved to fate on request. I see no movement in that direction though so I suppose it will not be done and we stay wit...
- 09:46 analysis #595 (Resolved): Current documentation analisys
- 09:46 analysis #595: Current documentation analisys
- Done. The result of that is TOC used (and covered) during the sprint:
- 09:38 action #594 (In Progress): Factory development process documentation
- 09:30 action #406: Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
- Another important feature: update-ca-certificates now uses p11-kit as backend. With p11-kit it's now possible to have...
- 08:08 action #406 (Resolved): Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
- when you finish something you can put the status in 'resolved' ;-)
- 08:03 action #405: Write announcement of Milestone 4
- Plan is to release M4 on Monday August 12. Andi, you up for it?
- 07:03 action #551 (In Progress): openSUSE Hackathons
- Couldn't talk to Roland. He was busy and didn't have the meeting.
- 23:53 action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
- I believe Coolo should provide us with a list of changes. Then we can start a new article about the release of M4.
- 14:13 action #406: Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
- motif is readded - we have openmotif 2.4 under LGPL now
rpm 188.8.131.52 -> 4.11.1
we have yast2 3.0 (which would be ya...
- 14:04 action #402 (Resolved): Send some info about milestone 3 for the announcement to jos
- 12:02 action #551: openSUSE Hackathons
- As per offline discussion back to Agustin. We will have a bug squashing after Beta1 and maybe budget for another hack...
- 11:30 coordination #556 (Closed): Meeting with SUSE Teams involved in this release
- 14:43 action #600: move release notes to www.o.o
- YaST actually fetches an rpm from www.suse.com and installs that one. The individual files are not actually used. So ...
- 14:11 action #600: move release notes to www.o.o
- release notes are unpacked in /mounts/dist/release-notes-suse.com/. We could just fetch them from there and check the...
Also available in: Atom