Activity

From 31/07/2013 to 29/08/2013

29/08/2013

12:56 pm action #662: Refactor the counter script
not critical anymore I think as 13.1 might be the last release that uses the counter for a while. lnussel
12:54 pm action #654 (In Progress): send shim to signing
In progress. Had to update the shim package several times. Now it's ready and I pinged Frederic. lnussel
12:53 pm action #653: request new 2048 bit key for shim
shim now has both the old and the new certificate embedded. That is needed to still be able to boot kernel signed wit... lnussel
12:52 pm action #653 (Closed): request new 2048 bit key for shim
lnussel
12:51 pm action #628 (Closed): fix NET iso in openQA
The idea with dnsmasq didn't work out as qemu wants to internally listen at the ip of the name server. It doesn't all... lnussel
12:49 pm action #627: debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
With qemu 1.6.0 and the new OVMF I got it to boot in my machine. Still the openqa machine doesn't work lnussel
12:44 pm action #476: Create release counter for oS 13.1
Since the artwork for the distro stays mostly the same it should be sufficient to just change the version number. Las... lnussel
12:41 pm action #600 (New): move release notes to www.o.o
What we could maybe do is to only put the HTML files into git and leave the existing mechanism for yast in place unti... lnussel

28/08/2013

01:29 pm action #461 (In Progress): Amazon EC2
Robert will do the technical work. Yo simply need to make sure is done before we publish the announcement and include... toscalix
01:04 pm action #461 (Resolved): Amazon EC2
Anonymous
01:04 pm action #461: Amazon EC2
We can and should of course mention this in the release announcement if it is done, yes. If we do it, who does it, ho... Anonymous

27/08/2013

03:56 pm action #689 (Closed): Current documentation analisys
The current documentation needs to be analized in order to define the table of contents of the final document as well... toscalix
03:43 pm action #685 (Closed): Meeting with SUSE Teams involved in this release
We should have meetings to coordinate the release with the following teams:
* ARM
* Cloud
* OBS
toscalix
01:13 pm action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
Pinged Stefan Bilhert. He will provide feedback tomorrow or the day after. toscalix
01:09 pm action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
Emailed the people mentioned by Agustin except for Dominique. Let's first finish this internally. Anonymous
11:37 am action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
From Jos mail, we agree on:
* Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> (should certainly be on the list)
* Lars Vogdt <lrupp@...
toscalix
09:59 am action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
we will publish it tomorrow if we get no reply toscalix
09:56 am action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
Document sent to roland, torsten, Stefan and frederik, together with the managers of the department. toscalix

26/08/2013

11:48 am action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
The following people should be added:
* Marcus Meissner
* Frederik Crozat
I will ping:
* Torsten Kukuk
* S...
toscalix
11:28 am action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
Tomas pointed me into this page: https://build.opensuse.org/group/show?group=opensuse-review-team
It seems though ...
toscalix
08:18 am action #597 (In Progress): Polishing and publishing the document
Asked Michal and Tomas to provide names of the people involved in factory development to send them the document for f... toscalix
07:35 am action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
How is this going, Jos? toscalix
11:21 am action #662 (Closed): Refactor the counter script
The counter script is write in something like Python. Convert it to real Python. Make it more robust. aplanas
08:20 am action #594 (Resolved): Factory development process documentation
PDF version with links sent to the mailing list. aplanas

23/08/2013

02:57 pm action #594: Factory development process documentation
After Jos finish the grammar revision, the document is ready to be shown to the second ring for feedback. toscalix
09:07 am action #594: Factory development process documentation
Version 0.9 published. Waiting approval to be tagged as 1.0 aplanas
09:08 am action #627 (In Progress): debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
Done by lnussel aplanas

22/08/2013

09:04 am action #461 (Feedback): Amazon EC2
Please add information about what will be done for 13.1. Did you already include this effort in the release process? ... toscalix
07:04 am action #654 (Closed): send shim to signing
we need to send he shim with the new key for signing (ie ask fcrozat) lnussel
07:03 am action #653 (Closed): request new 2048 bit key for shim
we need to replace the 4096 bit key with a 2048 bit one to stay compliant lnussel
06:59 am action #288 (Closed): review manuals
lnussel
06:58 am action #288 (Rejected): review manuals
lnussel
06:58 am action #290 (Closed): review manuals: administration, security, kvm
lnussel
06:57 am action #290 (Rejected): review manuals: administration, security, kvm
never happened lnussel
06:58 am action #289 (Closed): review manuals: startup guide, desktops, libreoffice
lnussel
06:58 am action #289 (Rejected): review manuals: startup guide, desktops, libreoffice
never happened, will talk to docu team to drop docu lnussel
06:54 am analysis #595 (Closed): Current documentation analisys
lnussel
06:54 am action #596 (Closed): Documentation sprint
done I think lnussel
06:53 am action #404 (Closed): Publish announcement of Milestone 4
lnussel
06:51 am action #406 (Closed): Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
ups, wrong button lnussel
06:50 am action #405 (Closed): Write announcement of Milestone 4
lnussel
06:50 am action #357: Release notes during installation
I don't think this will happen for 13.1 anymore lnussel
06:49 am action #402 (Closed): Send some info about milestone 3 for the announcement to jos
lnussel

19/08/2013

11:41 am action #551: openSUSE Hackathons
Changed the deadline. If by next Thursday we do not have a confirmation of the activity, we won't be able to bring th... toscalix
08:07 am action #647 (Closed): announce beta1 deadline internally
we should announce the beta1 deadline internally more explicit this time to push people to submit fixes. I think sept... lnussel

18/08/2013

05:05 pm action #646 (Closed): Create event pages on Facebook, Google+
Create event pages for the release on facebook, G+ and other social media! Anonymous
05:04 pm action #645 (Closed): Update release party wiki pages
Update https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Launch_parties Anonymous
05:03 pm action #644 (Closed): Write release party invitation article
Base it on the article(s) in the last years. Anonymous

15/08/2013

06:32 pm action #631 (In Progress): YaST Sneak Peak
Only thing left todo: add that the YaST team welcomes contributions and some details on that. This depending on them ... Anonymous
06:29 pm action #631 (New): YaST Sneak Peak
October 8, see Due date :D Anonymous

13/08/2013

02:14 pm action #631 (In Progress): YaST Sneak Peak
When do you plan to publish it? toscalix
12:45 pm action #631 (Closed): YaST Sneak Peak
Finish and publish the YaST article (not really a sneak peek). Text in https://news.opensuse.org/?p=16681&preview=tru... Anonymous

12/08/2013

02:06 pm action #630 (Closed): Move repos from gitorius to github
There are some repos from gitorius and github that need to be moved to openSUSE github, a partial list:
* https:/...
aplanas
01:05 pm action #405: Write announcement of Milestone 4
Promoted through social media, specially through Linkedin:
* [openSUSE Group](http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=7...
toscalix
12:32 pm action #405 (Resolved): Write announcement of Milestone 4
aaaand done: https://news.opensuse.org/2013/08/12/opensuse-milestone-4/ Anonymous
06:36 am action #627: debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
Running locally with old KVM and new firmware. Will test with new qemu also. aplanas

11/08/2013

02:48 pm action #405: Write announcement of Milestone 4
The article is small but ready for proof reading. Please go ahead and take a look. If you have any paragraph ideas th... anditosan

09/08/2013

03:29 pm action #628 (Closed): fix NET iso in openQA
NET isos are currently not tested as a factory repo mirror is not there yet. There's already an rsync cron job runnin... lnussel
03:25 pm action #627 (Closed): debug and fix uefi test case failures in openQA
UEFI test cases fail atm and need to be fixed.
Maybe the firmware is broken and an older version needs to be used.
...
lnussel
12:58 pm action #570 (Closed): run openqa on important packages in staging projects
this is actually done. opensuseqa.suse.de runs an rsync job on staging projects and sends the isos to openqa. lnussel
12:54 pm action #269: update software.opensuse.org with USB stick instructions
moving to beta1, subject to discussion lnussel
12:53 pm action #343: redesign download page
moving to beta1 for now. let's discuss if we want to address this for 13.1 at some point lnussel
12:50 pm action #175 (Closed): deployment push access to www.opensuse.org
lnussel
12:47 pm action #560 (Closed): consolidate upcoming features page
I've deleted http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Upcoming_features as it didn't have any content and Ambassadors don't ex... lnussel
12:38 pm action #512 (Closed): openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
was done meanwhile lnussel
12:38 pm action #403 (Closed): Write announcement of Milestone 3
lnussel
12:37 pm action #401 (Closed): Publish announcement of Milestone 3
lnussel
12:37 pm action #357: Release notes during installation
Moved to fate on request. I see no movement in that direction though so I suppose it will not be done and we stay wit... lnussel
09:46 am analysis #595 (Resolved): Current documentation analisys
aplanas
09:46 am analysis #595: Current documentation analisys
Done. The result of that is TOC used (and covered) during the sprint:
http://etherpad.cloud.suse.de/p/prebeta
aplanas
09:38 am action #594 (In Progress): Factory development process documentation
aplanas
09:30 am action #406: Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
Another important feature: update-ca-certificates now uses p11-kit as backend. With p11-kit it's now possible to have... lnussel
08:08 am action #406 (Resolved): Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
when you finish something you can put the status in 'resolved' ;-) Anonymous
08:03 am action #405: Write announcement of Milestone 4
Plan is to release M4 on Monday August 12. Andi, you up for it? Anonymous
07:03 am action #551 (In Progress): openSUSE Hackathons
Couldn't talk to Roland. He was busy and didn't have the meeting. toscalix

08/08/2013

11:53 pm action #597: Polishing and publishing the document
I believe Coolo should provide us with a list of changes. Then we can start a new article about the release of M4. anditosan
02:13 pm action #406: Send some info about milestone 4 for the announcement to jos
motif is readded - we have openmotif 2.4 under LGPL now
rpm 4.10.3.1 -> 4.11.1
we have yast2 3.0 (which would be ya...
coolo
02:04 pm action #402 (Resolved): Send some info about milestone 3 for the announcement to jos
coolo

07/08/2013

12:02 pm action #551: openSUSE Hackathons
As per offline discussion back to Agustin. We will have a bug squashing after Beta1 and maybe budget for another hack... lnussel
11:30 am coordination #556 (Closed): Meeting with SUSE Teams involved in this release
lnussel

05/08/2013

02:43 pm action #600: move release notes to www.o.o
YaST actually fetches an rpm from www.suse.com and installs that one. The individual files are not actually used. So ... lnussel
02:11 pm action #600: move release notes to www.o.o
release notes are unpacked in /mounts/dist/release-notes-suse.com/. We could just fetch them from there and check the... lnussel

01/08/2013

10:14 am action #600 (Feedback): move release notes to www.o.o
sent Rudi a mail lnussel
09:07 am action #600 (Closed): move release notes to www.o.o
release notes should be hosted on www.opensuse.org instead of suse.com lnussel
09:06 am action #175 (Resolved): deployment push access to www.opensuse.org
Done. We can now deploy via this page: http://www.opensuse.org/admin/gitpull.php lnussel
 

Also available in: Atom