From 2013-05-14 to 2013-06-12
- 13:43 action #399: Send some info about milestone 2 for the announcement to jos
- - livecds using overlayfs now with persistent hybrid support
- KDE 4.10.2->4.10.4
- GNOME 3.8.1->3.8.2
- automake 1.1...
- 11:07 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Send a reminder to the internal lists.
- 19:04 action #400 (In Progress): Write announcement of Milestone 2
- 19:04 action #400: Write announcement of Milestone 2
- Anditosan is on it. We'll include the news that 12.1 is EOL since May 15: https://news.opensuse.org/wp-admin/post.php...
- 16:39 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Asked juergen and cwh about the recording.
- 16:40 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- I did.
Please Jos, talk to Juergen and cwh to coordinate the recording and also to find out how remote people can...
- 15:10 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Got a reply to the Devel list from Jason Douglas asking if the event will be live streamed and/or recorded. Ludwig, c...
- 15:09 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Send mail to Research, Devel, Maxtorhof and opensuse-internal about it. Will send another mail next week.
- 14:04 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Mailed Michal that he should participate as he needs to do this at oSC too...
- 13:54 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Pinged Thorsten Kukok, Stephan and Frederik about this session, in case they want to participate. They are the SLE12 ...
- 16:47 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- Jos, please announce internally the Lunch and Learn session we will do as preparation for the oSC13 presentation
- 16:46 action #512: openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- * Made the reservation for the All Hands Area for June 27th from 12:00 to 14:00
* Added in the Lunch and Learn sched...
- 13:51 action #512 (In Progress): openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- * Checked the L&L wiki and only June 20th and July 4th are available. Asked Klaus why June 27th is not available.
- 13:49 action #512 (Closed): openSUSE 13.1 Release Process: Lunch and Learn session
- In order to test the presentation for oSC13 and to coordinate better with SLE12 development, we will do a Lunch and L...
- 09:02 action #357: Release notes during installation
- I've filed bnc#823005
- 09:01 action #175: deployment push access to www.opensuse.org
- Scott is evaluating some solution now
- 17:32 action #394 (Closed): Publish announcement of Milestone 1
- 17:32 action #397 (Closed): Write announcement of Milestone 1
- 17:31 action #395 (Closed): Send some info about milestone 1 for the announcement to jos
- 17:30 action #468 (Closed): communicate M1 and schedule internally
- 08:51 action #175: deployment push access to www.opensuse.org
- got reply from Scott Weber, they don't want to give anyone access to a production system as they fear that they won't...
- 12:54 action #394 (Resolved): Publish announcement of Milestone 1
- 12:54 action #394 (In Progress): Publish announcement of Milestone 1
- 09:56 action #477 (Closed): Create social media backgrounds and badges
- We need a series of badges and social media backgrounds. Think twitter, facebook, G+ and website banners in various s...
- 09:55 action #476 (Closed): Create release counter for oS 13.1
- Start kicking the artwork team: we need the release counter updated!
- 09:53 action #475 (Closed): Promotional artwork
- We need some promotional artwork, to be pushed to our websites and social media accounts as well as spread through th...
- 15:30 action #468 (Resolved): communicate M1 and schedule internally
- And done:
"Milestone 1 is out, have you checked in your packages yet?" to devel, research and internal.
- 15:30 action #468 (In Progress): communicate M1 and schedule internally
- Better late than never: this fell off my radar, I did it today.
- 15:15 action #397 (Resolved): Write announcement of Milestone 1
- This was of course finished and published. Awesome work by Andi!
- 13:28 action #397: Write announcement of Milestone 1
- let's add the roadmap info. Coolo even announced it on Factory:
- 10:52 action #397: Write announcement of Milestone 1
- Would it make sense to also include information about the Roadmap? IMO it's very important to announce that very prom...
- 13:26 action #468 (Closed): communicate M1 and schedule internally
- Mail announcement out internally in SUSE, pointing to both the schedule for 13.1 and that M1 is out.
- 17:59 action #397 (In Progress): Write announcement of Milestone 1
- Anditosan has promised to check if he can write something. I'll review!
- 17:51 action #395 (Resolved): Send some info about milestone 1 for the announcement to jos
- So that's it ;-)
- 17:50 action #395 (In Progress): Send some info about milestone 1 for the announcement to jos
- And on top of that, mr coolo will add the most annoying bugs to this wiki page:
- 16:53 action #395: Send some info about milestone 1 for the announcement to jos
- the list of changed packages is just too long to be useful. Some picks (not necessarly in order of importance)
- 09:22 action #462 (Closed): get Microsoft Azure account
- describe how to get an account on there
- 09:22 action #461 (Resolved): Amazon EC2
- From Robert Schweikert:
We SUSE, possibly the openSUSE Team, should publish openSUSE images to EC2, I think. We do h...
- 09:21 action #461 (Closed): Amazon EC2
- describe how to get an account on there
- 09:20 action #460 (Closed): For each cloud, describe how to get an account on there
- 09:19 action #459: Find out what clouds we are active on
- Amazon EC2
- 09:19 action #459 (Closed): Find out what clouds we are active on
- Put them below.
- 09:18 action #458 (Closed): get openSUSE in the Cloud
- There is a number of clouds out there (EC2, Azure etc) where openSUSE is available as option. 12.3 needs to be upload...
- 17:19 action #457 (Closed): Assemble press kit.
- Gather everything and put it in a zip file in github (or somewhere else)
- 17:17 action #456 (Closed): Write 'reviewers guide', the mail for the press
- We send the press a 'personalized' email. It contains some personal notes from whoever sends it (usually Jos/the CM)....
- 17:12 action #455 (Closed): Create list of people who can be interviewed
- Release team, board members etc.
Ask them, get times and dates which are convenient (in the week between GM and GA...
- 17:10 action #453 (Closed): Create a Press Kit and send it to the press
- This is the thing which gets us awesome reviews and "blogs like this":http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-...
- 17:06 action #452 (Closed): Get screenshots taken
- Bug the openSUSE Artwork team and get help from the openSUSE team: we need screenshots. See https://en.opensuse.org/S...
- 17:03 action #451 (Closed): Get quotes from important people
- We usually quote one 'important' SUSE person first, putting the release into perspective. The second quote is usually...
- 16:46 action #450 (Closed): Assemble the Product highlights
- This is about creating a short-list of the best, most awesome, coolest features in openSUSE 13.1. It is CRUCIAL in wr...
- 16:27 action #449 (Closed): Write the community announcement mail
- This is a friendlier version of the announcement than the press release (which goes to email@example.com...
- 16:22 action #447 (Closed): Write community announcement for news.o.o
- Based on the announcement and the feature guide & esp highlights, write a draft announcement for news.opensuse.org. T...
- 16:15 action #444 (Closed): Add features from distrowatch
- Check the packages from http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=suse and add what's new. Check other sources, s...
- 16:11 action #442 (Closed): Get technical review
- The technical people in the openSUSE team need to go over the feature guide, check if it is correct and tell you what...
- 16:10 action #441 (Closed): Get features page finished
- Time to get that feature page finished.
Remember, try to talk at least about the packages from http://distrowatch.co...
- 16:05 action #440 (Closed): Gather info from major pieces of our release onto Major_features page
- RC1 is out, so we know what we will ship.
Get the KDE stuff from the KDE announcement, the GNOME stuff from the GN...
- 16:03 action #439 (Closed): Move Major Features to feature guide page
- Move content from https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Major_features to https://en.opensuse.org/Features_13.1. Make sure...
- 16:01 action #438 (Closed): Get developers to add their features to our features list
- Kick the community to add their features to https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Major_features
Email the project and ...
- 15:57 action #437 (Closed): Write the Feature Guide
- The Feature Guide forms the base of our release marketing. It is a large list of the most important features in openS...
- 15:45 action #436 (Closed): Let our PR Agencies have one last look at the announcement
- After this it should be really ready to get into the press kit... No more changes!
- 15:43 action #435 (Closed): Get feedback on the draft press announce
- Show the announce to people both engineering and in SUSE marketing for feedback. Incorporate changes.
- 15:42 action #434 (Closed): Create a draft press announcement
- Take the feature highlights and use them to compose a first draft press announcement.
* Remember the 3x3...
- 15:41 action #433 (Closed): Write Press Announcement for openSUSE 13.1
- Take the feature highlights and use them to compose a press announcement. Look at earlier announcements for the how
- 15:38 action #432 (Closed): Make sure we have the right people prepared to send out the social media messages
- Wiki page with social media contact people:
Contact them, ...
- 15:37 action #431 (Closed): Create social media messages
- Create social media messages based on our release announcement & top features. See the openSUSE wiki:
- 15:36 action #430 (Closed): Social media marketing
- Create a social media plan and social media messages; and get them translated. Also, prepare our social media channel...
- 15:33 action #429 (Closed): Sneek Peaks
- Write sneek peaks about various subjects. Ideas:
* Advanced GNOME tips (incl video?)
* Advanced KDE tips (incl vide...
- 15:30 action #428 (Closed): Release Parties
- Organize release parties!
* Write release party invitation article
* Update release party wiki pages
* Organize re...
- 15:25 action #427 (Closed): commit text to www.o.o
- Update opensuse.org with the new text snippet.
- 15:24 action #426 (Closed): Write snippet for www.o.o
- Write a piece of text announcing 13.1 for www.o.o. This can be based on the first 2 paragraphs of the announcement, s...
- 15:22 action #425 (Closed): Update openSUSE websites
- Get updates to:
* 13.1 wiki page
- 13:42 action #392 (New): NUE: Release party organization
- 13:42 action #392 (Resolved): NUE: Release party organization
- 12:31 action #421 (Closed): Release Marketing
- Main task for Release Marketing:
* Social media marketing
* Sneek Peaks
* Release Parties
* Updated openSUSE webs...
- 12:27 action #420 (Closed): Release Announcement
- Main task for everything around the release announcement:
* Press announcement
* Community announcement mail
- 09:20 action #175: deployment push access to www.opensuse.org
- Sent Matthew Ehle a mail
Also available in: Atom