[sle][functional][u][easy] extend SUSEConnect test with minimal UI checks
openQA test in scenario sle-15-Installer-DVD-x86_64-minimal+proxy_SCC-postreg_SUSEconnect@64bit in
suseconnect_scc shows that the test passes but the output is … suboptimal, e.g. "--list-extensions" does not list the "server applications" module even though it's there as it can be activated later on.
- AC1: There is a needle check asserting on correct rendering of the console UI of SUSEConnect
- AC2: There is a soft-fail needle with a bugref for the missing server applications module -> https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1064264 , being VERIFIED FIXED
- Search for an existing UI test case. If the output layout of
SUSEConnect --list-extensionsis already tested, this ticket can be resolved. If not, the graphical output of the command needs to be tested in
- Add a
assert_screencall after the "--list-extensions" call (0.1-1h)
- Add a needle with soft-fail reference to the bug that nsinger create(s/d) (0.1-0.5h)
I think a needle check with
assert_screen is correct here because even though it's about a console application we want to check the very least of "UI" here as the customer is supposed to use the same. correct rendering is up to the ticket assignee to decide what makes sense.
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#7 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
Regarding AC1: Can you rephrase this - my grammar parser fails here
yes, I tried to.
Regarding AC2: Do we have a bsc here?
I crossed of this point as the bug is VERIFIED FIXED since then so I think this is not needed anymore.
#8 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
https://trello.com/c/q1OVLDwY/724-cnt-nicer-output-when-zypper-encounters-errors is an interesting feature request as outcome from agraul and me using SUSEConnect with our "observations" noted down in https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1117541
#18 Updated by SLindoMansilla 3 months ago
- Assignee changed from mgriessmeier to SLindoMansilla
We have to prepare this before a grooming meeting.
The idea would be to use
script_output to check that the expected SLE module are shown.
A screenshot will not cover the whole output: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/4145661#step/suseconnect_scc/10
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved