[tools][caasp] rise number of workers for CaaSP dedicated machines
Currently we have 16 workers on openqaworker8 and openqaworker9, in the case they will be dedicated only for CaaSP we can rise the amount of workers.
Only limitation was that any test running on that hosts can allocate about 40GB (633GB total/40=~16 workers). But CaaSP is not allocating such amount of space for their images (yes internally it is also 40GB but the image is full of zeros so the qcow2 file is much smaller).
So theoretically we have 256GB of RAM, and 633GB total disk space and 16 physical CPU cores in HT.
Currently pool dir/mount which is also containing cache dir occupies about 54GB. So we have about 633-54=579GB free space for pool+cache needs.
- maximum occupied size by caasp qcow2 image can be about 10GB ... we can have 579/10=~57 workers
- 256GB RAM - i/o cache 10GB - 8GB for host itself =~ 238GB RAM available / 8GB (currently only 4GB) per CaaSP instance =~ 30 workers
- we have 32 virtual cores = 32 workers
Minimum intersect of values above gives possibility to have even 30 workers on each host, but IMO it would be better start with let say 24 workers on each.
- salt pillars modification
#4 Updated by thehejik over 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 80